Monday, August 30, 2010

All the best of Indy

This weekend was jam backed full of Indianapolis goodness! I know this isn't really garden related but it was such a fun weekend that I decided to share pictures with everyone. Enjoy!

Friday: Happy hour with work friends at Plumps in Broad Ripple. Who doesn't love enjoying a drink with friends while sitting outside at a bar in Broad Ripple!?!?!

Saturday: Worked during the day but it was a great event with about 130 freshmen learning how to be great students! I love overachievers :)

Saturday evening I had a hot double date with my sister-in-law (she was my date) and my parents. We went to Symphony on the Prairie at Connor Prairie to see a Beatles tribute band. Other than the crazy traffic getting there, it was a great evening...good music, great weather, fun company, and tasty wine :)










Sunday: Attended Dig IN with the family for our weekly "Sunday dinner." This was a new event this year at White River State Park highlighting all the great food and beverages Indy has to offer. We had a lot of yummy samples from various restaurants and farms. We sampled Indiana wine and beer. We got a commemorative wine glass to take home. We recorded stories about our favorite food memories (I talked about our annual Christmas cookie baking) and got free t-shirts. It was a great day and if they have the event again next year I'll be the first in line to get tickets!





Later Sunday: After stuffing ourselves at Dig IN, my dad and I went to the MotoGP race at the track. I haven't been to a race at the IMS since high school and I think those motorcycles are crazy. We were lucky enough to get free tickets so we decided to go see what it was all about. After watching the race I have to say those motorcycle drivers are crazier than I thought! It was amazing to watch though.






What's your favorite event in Indy?

1 comment: