Tuesday, July 27, 2010

What's the opposite of man....JAM!

"Do you remember when you were little and your mom would drop you off at the movies with a jar of jam and a spoon?" -Joe

This post is dedicated to my college roomies :) As most people know, I am obsessed with Friends...I literally watch it every night while eating dinner and I can quote every episode. There isn't a situation in life that can't relate to an episode of Friends. And my college roomies are about the only people I know who share that obsession! So in season three there is The One with the Jam, and I felt like I was in that episode this weekend.

My dad and I (with a little help from my mom) made blackberry jam on Sunday. It was our first attempt at jam and I have to say it was a huge success! We had some old berries frozen from 2008 that needed to be used or thrown out, and since I'm not one to waste good food we decided to see how they tasted in the jam. I was worried they wouldn't be good since they were old but it didn't seem to matter. We used the recipe in the 'jelly powder stuff' box (I don't know what it's really called). It was very easy to make and delicious! We're making more soon!

Also this weekend I got to see my BFF, Dana and her family. My mom and I judged their county fair's baby contest....crazy! Lots of cute babies and it was very hard to pick winners! I also got to see my favorite little boy! Here's a picture of him in one of his birthday presents I got him:

If that doesn't make you smile, I don't know what will :)

"You're so pretty." -Rachel

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for the dedication. I love the blog. It was great seeing you this weekend. Just remember "you never run on a barge!"

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pectin? I've only made two jellies: strawberry and grape, but I went the straight boil direction. Not easy! My husband LOVES Friends, too, by the way. It gets quoted pretty often in our house!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes...pectin! Thanks Abby! This was super easy and delicious!

    Not too many guys will own up to loving Friends! You've got a good man! Friends quotes really do make my day!

    ReplyDelete