Friday, June 25, 2010

Garden update...

Here's what's happening this week:

Green beans are almost ready! That means I'll be spending a LOT of time in the coming weeks picking beans...not fun! (If you look really closely, you'll see a small, little green bean!)




The first batch of beets are done. My mammaw always pickles them for us. I still think they taste like dirt but my Aunt Mary loves them!





My parents had some broccoli this week...more coming very soon!






Corn is coming up nicely!













The first onions and yellow squash are done...I'm making a stir fry this weekend!

4 comments:

  1. Thanks Simply Life! It's been a good year so far!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks familiar! We've been canning beans and freezing squash, and I just made a roasted-beet salad! Up next is freezing corn. (Not really looking forward to shucking and cleaning it, though. Ha.) Hi from the Foodie Blogroll!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Vegetables look great! Nice little harvest you have. I bet the stir fry was great, knowing exactly where all the ingredients come from.

    ReplyDelete